Are you under 18?
Are you a parent of a child under 10?
We are looking for artwork from children and youth to support Children First Canada’s Raising Canada 2021 report. Raising Canada is an annual series of reports that track the top 10 threats to childhood. Click here to learn more.
We want to know what the pandemic has been like for children and youth. Things have been hard for some of you, and we want to make sure that the public and people who make decisions in the federal government get a chance to see your perspective.
- Children and youth are invited to share artwork that depicts how the pandemic has been for them or represents experiences related to the top 10 threats.
- Express yourself the way you want to: drawings, paintings, photographs (as long as they are not of another person), digital art, collages, poems, song lyrics, etc., are all welcome!
The deadline to submit your artwork is July 30, 2021.
Why are we asking you for artwork?
- Young people have a perspective to share and sometimes it is easier to express yourself through art
- Art can be a very powerful tool for change! We need your help to motivate local, provincial/territorial, and national leaders to make changes that will help Canada to be the best place in the world for kids to grow up!©
Your artwork could appear in the following:
- The Raising Canada 2021 report, which releases this fall
- Children First Canada’s website
- Children First Canada’s social media channels
If you’re not sure what to submit or create, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. When visiting the link below, you will be asked to upload a copy of your art piece (high-quality JPG or PDF is preferred); for visual art creations, please scan your art or take a high-quality (non-blurry) photograph of your art to submit. You will need to include a name and email address when submitting artwork.
Consent information: If you’re under 18 years old, please review this section with a parent or guardian
By choosing to submit art at the link below, you and/or your child (if art is uploaded by a parent/guardian) are giving permission for Children First Canada to use this art either in the Raising Canada report, on Children First Canada’s website (childrenfirstcanada.org), or on Children First Canada’s social media pages (including the social media pages of our staff/affiliates). You are entirely free to make this decision — there is absolutely no pressure to submit a piece of artwork for this report.
The art included in this report will not be used as data or research material, but rather as a form for knowledge mobilization and knowledge sharing. You are free to revoke permission to use this art by emailing email@example.com up until the point at which we publish the report (i.e., around August/September 2021). After this point, it is not possible to remove the art from our Raising Canada report or from being circulated on social media or used on the website. Ultimately, the physical or virtual art that you create is owned by you and can be shared in other spaces (e.g., on your personal social media account) in ways that you prefer. If you have additional questions about this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘RAISING CANADA REPORT – ART GENERATION’ in the subject line.
Please click the button below to submit your artwork.
Thank you for your participation!
P.S. If you’re a young person who wants to learn more about the top 10 threats, click here to check out our youth-friendly resource from last year.